Bruce has grown up in the towing industry. His father founded Joe’s Towing & Recovery in 1969, and Bruce started full time in 1989. The business has grown from 1 truck, 1 location to over 30 units in 4 locations throughout central Illinois.
Bruce is on the Board of Directors for the Professional Towing & Recovery Operators of Illinois (PTROI) and is a Traffic Incident Management (TIM) instructor in the State of Illinois. He has worked with the PTROI Legislative Committee to help improve towing laws in Illinois.
Some of Bruce’s training and certifications include:
• WreckMaster 6/7
• WreckMaster Top Ten 2011
• TRAA Level 3 Certified National Heavy Recovery Specialist
• Rotator & Heavy Rigging Towing & Recovery
• Miller Industry Rotator “Ring Leaders” Training Seminar
• MatJack Factory Training Class: Air Cushion Recovery Level 1, Cross-Training With Rescue Personnel Basic Principals of High, Medium and Low Pressure Air Cushions in Recovery and Rescue
• Big Truck Rescue Class
• Incident Traffic Control for Responders
• Highway Traffic Incident Management Training Course
• Certified OSHA Qualified Rigger
• Crosby Communication System: Risk Management, The Basic Rigging Plan, Load Control Basics, Rigging Triangle, Application of Hardware Basics, Block Concepts
Bruce has been married to Christy since 1994, and they have 3 children: Katy (20), Josh (17) and Noah (14), all of whom work or have worked in the family business.