Elected: April 13, 1996
Inducted: August 16, 1996
Born: John was born on September 1, 1931 in Oceola Township. Howell, Michigan. He attended Rumsey County School, was graduated from Howell Public Schools and attended Adrian College and is an alumnus of Alpha Tau Omega fraternity. He is a member of the Methodist Church.
Married: John married Clarice Crippen in 1952. They were married for 36 years when she passed away on July 14, 1988.
Children: John Robert II, Valerie and Laurie and 6 grandchildren.
History: At the age of 19, John started his first business venture and has been going strong ever since. This year marks his 46th year in business. He has been a long standing member of the Michigan Towing Association, serving as Secretary for 2 years and President for 7 years. He is also a founding member of the Interstate Towing Association, serving as President for 3 years. He is a member of the Michigan Trucking Association, serving on the Board of Governor’s for over 25 years and a member of the Fifth Wheel Club of Detroit. John has been an active member of his community over the years, serving on the Zoning Board of Appeals – City of Howell as a member and chairman for 18 years, former member of the planning commissions, member of the Greater Howell Chamber of Commerce and Michigan State Chamber of Commerce, Michigan Retailers Association and Livingston County Tax Allocation Board. John is also an active member of the Masonic fraternity with membership as follow:
- Howell Lodge No. 38 F.A.M. – Life Member
- Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite – Valley of Detroit
- Moslem Temple Shrine – Detroit
- Huron Valley Shrine Club – Past President
- Living Chapter No. 30 R.A.M.
- Livingston Council No. 73 R & S.M. – Past Super Excellent Master
- Howell Commandery No. 28 – Past Commander
- Past Grand Commander of Michigan – Presently elected to the Board of Trustees
- Holy Royal Arch Knight Templar Priests
- Work Rite College No. 1
- Royal Order of Scotland
- Howell Masonic Temple Association – President 16 Years
Other organizations of which John is a member are the Michigan Farm Bureau Corporation – Board of Directors, Governor’s Club in Palm Beach, Florida – Howell Elks Lodge No. 2168 – Chapter and Life Member and Livingston 1st Club.
DECEASED – October 6, 2010